We write to inform you of vacancies that have arisen for TWO governors to join our Local Governing Body at Moreton School.
This Committee is responsible for promoting and reviewing the performance of the school to promote high standards and continual self-improvement, as we inspire students to become well-rounded, employable individuals with a passion for life-long learning.
The School’s local Governing Board will ensure that the Trust’s vision is embedded and upheld within the school by building a thorough knowledge of the school and the community in which it serves. The committee will support and constructively challenge School Leaders, to ensure accountability and compliance. They will act as both a critical friend and a champion for the school alongside actively promoting the School at events, including; Open days, Parents evenings, Christmas Fayres etc.
The Local Governing Board is made up of parent governors, staff governors, Trust Directors and a Committee Clerk.
Anyone eligible to express an interest in the above governor role except,
- if s/he is an elected member of the local education authority; (local councillor)
- If s/he is under 18 years’ old
- Have been disqualified from working with Children
- Have been declared bankrupt
- Has a child at Moreton School
Please note, all appointments to the Governing Board will be subject to Enhanced DBS checks.
Before you decide whether you wish to become a Governor, you may want to know a bit more about what is involved. Governors need not be experts in the field of education. What they do need is an interest in the school and in the welfare of our children and the time and willingness to get involved. Governors also need what is known as ‘soft skills’ – the ability to be able to build relationships with a range of people, to be able to work as part of a team, to be able to question, and to make connections between different types of information. All governors are expected to be able to read straightforward budget reports and data on school standards. (Training will be provided if necessary.)
The Trust expects governors to;
- attend three termly meetings of the Local Governing Body (information regarding meeting times is outlined in the FAQ information sheet attached to this letter)
- If availability permits, sit on one additional committee and attend the meetings which are usually once per term
- commit to attend training courses, as necessary.
In return, our governing body commits to
- provide you with a structured induction
- provide access to quality training materials
- provide you with an experienced governor as mentor
If you are interested in applying to sit as a governor on the Governing Board, please email a short paragraph (no more than expression of interest, via the following link to the Governor’s clerk – DOhm@aatrust.co.uk
The deadline for expressions of interest is Friday 29th July 2022 at 3pm.
We look forward to receiving governor nominations forms, and if you have any questions in regards to this matter, please contact Lauren Jones on 01902 556868
You may also like…
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.