Moreton School’s #WakeUpWednesday: Guide to Enabling Parental Controls on iOS Devices
We hope this message finds you well. As part of Moreton School’s commitment to promoting online safety for our students, we are continuing our #WakeUpWednesday movement with a guide on how to enable parental controls on iOS devices to ensure a safe and responsible online experience for your child.
iOS devices, such as iPhones and iPads, offer built-in parental control features that can help you manage and monitor your child’s device usage, app access, content restrictions, and more.
Here’s how you can enable parental controls on iOS devices:
- Set up Screen Time: Open the Settings app on your child’s iOS device and tap on “Screen Time.” Follow the prompts to set up a Screen Time passcode and enable Screen Time. This feature allows you to monitor and manage your child’s device usage, set app limits, and schedule downtime.
- Enable Content & Privacy Restrictions: Within the Screen Time settings, tap on “Content & Privacy Restrictions.” Turn on this feature and set a passcode. You can then customize various restrictions, such as web content, app downloads, app access, and privacy settings.
- Set Appropriate Content Restrictions: Under the “Content Restrictions” section, you can set age-appropriate content restrictions for music, movies, TV shows, books, and apps. You can choose to allow specific content ratings or block certain types of content.
- Manage App Access: With Content & Privacy Restrictions enabled, you can also manage your child’s access to specific apps. You can block or allow individual apps, prevent app deletion, and restrict in-app purchases.
- Customize Privacy Settings: iOS devices have robust privacy settings that allow you to control the information shared by apps and the device. Within the “Privacy” section in Settings, you can customize location services, camera access, microphone access, and more.
- Regularly Review Screen Time Reports: Screen Time provides detailed reports on your child’s device usage, including app usage, app limits, and screen time. Regularly review these reports to understand your child’s digital habits and make any necessary adjustments to the parental control settings.
Enabling parental controls on iOS devices can provide you with valuable tools to manage your child’s device usage and protect them from inappropriate content and online risks. We encourage you to take the time to set up and customize these controls based on your child’s age, maturity level, and individual needs.
We will continue to share more resources and guides as part of our #WakeUpWednesday movement to support you in promoting online safety for your child. Thank you for your partnership in keeping our students safe online.
You may also like…
Dear Parents/Guardians, As we continue to strive for a positive and inclusive online environment for our students, we...
Dear Parents/Guardians, As part of our ongoing efforts to promote a safe and healthy online environment for our...
Dear Parents/Guardians, At Moreton School, we understand the importance of supporting our students' mental health,...