Moreton School’s #WakeUpWednesday: Guide to Enabling Parental Controls on Android Devices
We hope this message finds you well. As part of Moreton School’s commitment to promoting online safety for our students, we are continuing our #WakeUpWednesday movement with a guide on how to enable parental controls on Android devices to ensure a safe and responsible online experience for your child.
Android devices, such as smartphones and tablets, offer built-in parental control features that can help you manage and monitor your child’s device usage, app access, content restrictions, and more.
Here’s how you can enable parental controls on Android devices:
- Set up Restricted Profiles: Open the Settings app on your child’s Android device and go to “Users & accounts” or “Users.” Create a restricted profile for your child and customize the settings, such as app access, content restrictions, and app installation permissions.
- Use Google Play Family Library: Google Play Family Library allows you to share apps, games, movies, TV shows, and books with your child’s Google account. You can set up a Family Library and customize the content that your child can access.
- Enable Google Play Parental Controls: Open the Google Play Store app on your child’s Android device and go to Settings. Under “User controls,” you can set up parental controls to restrict app downloads, content ratings, and in-app purchases.
- Customize Privacy Settings: Android devices have privacy settings that allow you to control the information shared by apps and the device. You can customize permissions for location access, camera access, microphone access, and more within the App Permissions or Privacy settings.
- Use Third-Party Parental Control Apps: There are various third-party parental control apps available on the Google Play Store that offer additional features for managing and monitoring your child’s device usage. You can explore and choose the one that best fits your needs.
- Regularly Review App Usage: Check your child’s app usage regularly and have conversations about responsible digital habits. Set app usage limits and talk to your child about appropriate content, online safety, and responsible device usage.
Enabling parental controls on Android devices can provide you with valuable tools to manage your child’s device usage and protect them from inappropriate content and online risks. We encourage you to take the time to set up and customize these controls based on your child’s age, maturity level, and individual needs.
We will continue to share more resources and guides as part of our #WakeUpWednesday movement to support you in promoting online safety for your child. Thank you for your partnership in keeping our students safe online.
You may also like…
Dear Parents/Guardians, As we continue to strive for a positive and inclusive online environment for our students, we...
Dear Parents/Guardians, As part of our ongoing efforts to promote a safe and healthy online environment for our...
Dear Parents/Guardians, At Moreton School, we understand the importance of supporting our students' mental health,...