Moreton School’s #WakeUpWednesday: Guide to Enabling Parental Controls on Android Apps
As part of our #WakeUpWednesday movement at Moreton School, we are committed to helping you promote online safety for your child. Today, we would like to share a guide on how to enable parental controls on Android apps, so you can ensure a safe and responsible online experience for your child.
Android devices offer built-in parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your child’s app usage, content restrictions, and screen time limits.
Here’s how you can enable parental controls on Android apps:
- Set up Google Play Parental Controls: Open the Google Play Store app on your child’s Android device and go to Settings. Under “Parental controls,” you can set up a PIN and customize settings, such as app content ratings, app installations, and in-app purchases.
- Use App Restrictions: Some apps, such as YouTube and Netflix, offer built-in parental control features that allow you to set up content restrictions and customize viewing settings. You can explore the settings within the app and customize them based on your child’s age and maturity level.
- Customize Privacy Settings: Android devices have privacy settings that allow you to control the information shared by apps and the device. You can customize permissions for location access, camera access, microphone access, and more within the Privacy settings.
- Use Third-Party Parental Control Apps: There are also many third-party parental control apps available in the Google Play Store that provide additional features, such as app blocking, web filtering, and screen time scheduling. You can explore and install these apps based on your preferences and needs.
- Regularly Review App Usage: Check your child’s app usage regularly and have conversations about responsible digital habits. Set app usage limits and talk to your child about appropriate content, online safety, and responsible device usage.
Enabling parental controls on Android apps can give you valuable tools to manage your child’s app usage and protect them from inappropriate content and online risks. We encourage you to take the time to set up and customize these controls based on your child’s age, maturity level, and individual needs.
We will continue to share more resources and guides as part of our #WakeUpWednesday movement to support you in promoting online safety for your child. Thank you for your partnership in keeping our students safe online.
You may also like…
Dear Parents/Guardians, As we continue to strive for a positive and inclusive online environment for our students, we...
Dear Parents/Guardians, As part of our ongoing efforts to promote a safe and healthy online environment for our...
Dear Parents/Guardians, At Moreton School, we understand the importance of supporting our students' mental health,...